Wheelchairs not only provide mobility to those in need, but also become an extension of their bodies. It helps them participate in life and socialize. That’s why wheelchairs are so important for some people. So, what should be considered when choosing a wheelchair, which is so important? In this article, we will briefly touch on this issue.
- The wheelchair must be suitable for the user’s weight and height. The seating area must be a few cm wider than the person’s hips.
- The wheelchair should be easily foldable, easy to carry, take up little space and fit even in the trunk of small cars.
- Take care to buy from a reliable seller so that you do not have any problems with the spare parts, accessories and after-sales services of the wheelchair.
- Buy the wheelchair according to where you will use it more. For example, consider these questions. Will you use the wheelchair more indoors or outdoors? How many hours a day will the wheelchair be used? Will you use your wheelchair full time or only for certain times? By answering these questions, you can buy a wheelchair that fits your needs.
- Sitting too long can cause injury and skin cuts, especially in wheelchair users. One of the best ways to prevent this is to choose a wheelchair that is specifically designed to prevent pressure, friction and skin cuts. You can also get more comfort by using special cushions to distribute the weight evenly.
- How much support do you need based on the condition of your illness? If you have difficulty supporting the upper or lower part of your body, you can purchase a wheelchair with a high back or with increased safety and support options such as seat belts and headrests.
- Choose your electric or manual wheelchair according to your health condition and comfort.
See you in our next article